English | 中文
Welcome to the website of the Department of Home Affairs (Home Affairs) in China (excluding SARs and Taiwan province). Our offices in Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai manage visa and citizenship services for residents of China and Mongolia.
General information on Australian visas and citizenship can be found on the Home Affairs website. This website contains supplementary information specifically for residents of China and Mongolia.
- Spring Festival travel reminders
- Travelling to Australia during Spring Festival? You should have applied by now!
- Travelling to Australia during Spring Festival? Apply now!
- Travelling to Australia over the Christmas/Spring Festival Period? Apply online and apply early!
- Second Round of Work & Holiday Visa Appointments full
- Next Round of Work & Holiday Appointments are now open
- New Round of Work & Holiday Appointments to open 11 November 2019
- Don’t be sorry, just declare it: visa changes to protect Australia
- Golden week travel reminders and Visa Office closure
- Planning a Trip to Australia over Christmas or Spring Festival? Apply online now to beat the rush!
You must have a valid Australian visa to travel to and enter Australia. It is your responsibility to apply for the visa which most suits your circumstances. Use the Visa Finder to help you find the visa most likely to meet your specific circumstances.
The following pages provide information on the most common visa options for applicants in China and Mongolia.
For a full list of Australian visas, see Visa List
Applying for a visa in China and Mongolia
You can now apply for most visas online in ImmiAccount. This is the preferred and most efficient way to apply.
If you reside in China or Mongolia, please refer to the following information before submitting your application:
|Visa requirements (including health and character)||Visa Application Charge|
|Lodging a Visa Application in China|
|Australian Visa Application Centres in China|
IMPORTANT: You should apply for your visa well in advance of your intended travel date.
Check the current global visa processing times and ensure you leave sufficient time for processing of your application. We recommend that you do not finalise your travel arrangements until you have a valid visa to travel to Australia. We will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by travellers whose visa application was finalised later than expected, or where an application is not successful.
Before you travel to Australia you should check that your visa is valid, that you understand the conditions of your visa, and that all your details are correct. You can use online services to:
- Check your visa details and conditions
- Update your passport details and
- Notify us of any other Changes in your Situation
Information on Australian citizenship is available on the Home Affairs website.
The following pages provide supplementary information for citizenship applicants in China and Mongolia.
Before contacting us, we encourage you to use online services and information available on this website, and the Home Affairs website, to get the information you require. If, after accessing these websites, you still require additional information or assistance you can:
· Contact the VFS Global Helpline by telephone or email (pre-lodgement enquiries only). Please note that VFS Global cannot provide advice on applications already submitted to, or decided by, the Department of Home Affairs.
· Contact Home Affairs in China online using the Australian Immigration Enquiry form. Select the overseas post as China (Beijing, Guangzhou or Shanghai).
For more information, see Contacting Home Affairs in China
Not all visa and citizenship applications are processed in China. If your application is processed in another office please refer to Home Affairs Offices and Locations for contact details.
Your feedback is valuable to us. We use this feedback to improve our services and investigate and respond to any issues of concern. See: Provide feedback – compliments, complaints and suggestions
The Department of Home Affairs (HA) are trialling a Digital Assistant to answer your visa and citizenship questions. The Digital Assistant will make it easier and faster for you to find what you need on their website. You can access the Digital Assistant from the Digital Assistant tab on the bottom right hand side of the screen on most Immigration and Citizenship pages.
Page last updated 20 December 2019