Australian Embassy

Passport Services

Passport Services


Applications Information


Passport applications are required to be lodged by appointment on Monday to Friday between 9:00 and 12:00. Appointments can be made online via Applications must be lodged in person at the Australian Embassy Beijing. An appointment is not required to collect a passport or to lodge an application of emergency passport.


Passport Fees are payable in Chinese RMB Chinese by debit and credit cards issued by Chinese banks with the unionpay symbol and cash.  The fees may vary from time to time according to movements in the exchange rate.


Notice of 2019 passport fees

From 1 January 2019, increased passport fees (payable in RMB) will apply:

  • 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over - $293
  • 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over - $148
  • emergency passport overseas - $184
  • replacement passport - $184
  • adult overseas surcharge - $132
  • child overseas surcharge - $64



Personal information provided to the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is protected by law, including the Privacy Act 1988. We may collect, use and disclose your personal information, including to overseas recipients where we reasonably believe it is necessary, to provide you with consular assistance. Important information about the privacy of your personal information is contained in our Consular Privacy Collection Statement, which you should read and understand. Copies of the Statement are available at or by requesting a copy from the Department.