From 25 September 2014, the following visa subclasses in the Family Stream of the Migration Programme are open to new applications:
• Parent Visa (subclasses 103)
• Aged Parent visa (subclasses 804)
• Aged Dependent Relative visa (subclasses 114 and 838)
• Remaining Relative visa (subclasses 115 and 835);
• Carer visa (subclasses 116 and 836).
Only new applications will be accepted for these visa subclasses.
If you lodged an application for one of these visas after 2 June 2014 and before 25 September 2014 this application is still invalid and cannot be accepted by the department. You will need to re-lodge your application.
For information on applying for Other Family visas see: Other Family Migration
For further information see Re-opening of the Non-Contributory Parent and Other Family visas.
Page last updated 30 September 2014