Study Tour Processing Arrangements
Study Tour arrangements are designed to provide for the specialised processing of visa applications for organised school groups to visit Australia. If you are joining or organising a study tour group to Australia over the upcoming Christmas / Chinese New Year holiday period (between November 2017 and February 2018) please note the following information:
- Students may apply for the Tourist stream Visitor (subclass 600) visa. Accompanying teachers and staff will need to apply for the Business Visitor stream Visitor (subclass 600) visa.
- Please lodge the applications together as a group, with all supporting documents provided. If you do not clearly identify the applications as being part of a group, or do not lodge all supporting documents at time of application, this may lead to delays in processing.
- Applications may be lodged online at http://www.border.gov.au/immiaccount or by paper at an Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC). If you are lodging applications for a study tour group online, you can assist us to process the applications more efficiently by:
- Selecting the relevant option for ‘Group Processing’ in IMMIAccount when lodging the applications.
- Giving the group a clear name which identifies it as a study tour (for example “Study Tour – ABCSCHOOL – 01JAN2018”).
To ensure that we are able to continue to meet travellers’ needs, we recommend that all visa applications for travel during this holiday period are lodged as early as possible, preferably at least 6 weeks prior to intended travel dates.
For further information on lodging study tour applications please see the tailored checklist Visitor Visa - Tourist Stream - Study Tour.
Page last updated 30 October 2017