|Back to Visas and Immigration||English ǀ Монгол|
- Australian Visa Application Centre in Ulaanbaatar
- General Information on applying for visas and citizenship
- Applying for a visa to Australia
- Applying for Australian Citizenship
- Using Migration Agents
- Beware of Migration Fraud
- Contact Us
- Related Links
The Visa Office of the Australian Embassy Beijing is responsible for processing all visitor, temporary work, resident return and student visa applications, as well as applications for registration of Australian citizenship by descent from applicants in Mongolia.
Clients residing in Mongolia making an Australian visa or citizenship by descent application should lodge the application at the Australian Visa Application Centre (AVAC) in Ulaanbaatar.
See: AVAC in Ulaanbaatar
See: AVAC Information Sheet
Mongolian nationals holding Australian visas can travel without a visa label
All Australian visa holders can depart Mongolia, travelling to Australia, without a visa label in their passport.
Please refer to the About Visas Labels page in English and Mongolian for more information.
Please refer to General Information for detailed information on:
- Lodging an Australian visa or citizenship Application in Mongolia
- Applying outside Mongolia
- Official Mongolian Government travel
- Visa Application Charge and Payment Options
- Health Examinations
- Panel Doctor in Mongolia
- Character Requirement and Penal Clearance Certificates
- Visa Application Processing Information
- Appointing an Agent or Authorised Recipient
- Supporting Documents
- Document Fraud
- Verification Checks
- Enquiries after Application Lodgement
- Decision Notification
- Providing Feedback
For information on visas not featured on this site, and for more information on visas, please visit the Department of Immigration and Border Protection’s website at www.border.gov.au
Information for Mongolian applicants, in both English and Mongolian, is available regarding the most common visa applications which are processed in Beijing.
- Visitor Visas (Subclass 600) (including Tourist stream and Business Visitor stream)
- Temporary Work Visas (Subclass 400, 401, 402, 403 and 420)
- Student Visas – Subclasses 570-576
Please note that only Migration visa applications for Adoption visa applicants from Mongolia are processed in Beijing. Other Migration visa applications are processed in other locations in China or in Australia. Further information on applying for these visas is available on this website. See:
- Family Migration (Partner, Child)
- Parent Migration
- Business Skills Migration
- General Skilled Migration
Before engaging a migration agent, we recommend you read the following information.
See: Information about migration agents operating outside Australia
Protect yourself from migration fraud and keep yourself safe online by being aware of the ways people may try to take advantage of you or your situation. Fraud is a criminal offence in Australia and can lead to severe penalties for those involved. You are responsible for your application, even if someone else completes it for you.
See: Easy Australian Visas
The AVAC in Ulaanbaatar provides a telephone and email enquiry service for visa and application lodgement enquiries from residents of Mongolia. Enquiries can be made in English or Mongolian. The AVAC also provide an online tracking facility allowing clients to view the status of their application.
See: AVAC in Ulaanbaatar
Page last updated: 31 August 2015